The automotive & motorcycle industry is one of the most challenging and competitive industries, operation under extreme pressures of cost and time.
That’s probably manufacturers and other organizations in the supply chain require suppliers to be compliant with ISO/TS 16949:2009, demonstrating that they match specific criteria.
ISO/TS 16949:2009, in conjunction with ISO 9001:2008, defines the quality management system requirements for the design and development, production and, when relevant, installation and service of automotive-related products.
ISO/TS 16949 is based on eight quality management principles:
1. Customer focus
3. Involvement of people
4. Process approach
5. System approach to management
6. Continual improvement
7. Fact-based decision-making
8. Mutually beneficial supplier relationships
To get started, the easiest way is to implement the PDCA: Plan Do Check Act Methodology and an important tool in your ISO/TS 16949 journey.
The main goals of this process are:
Establish, implement, maintain and improve a QMS (quality management system) in line with the requirements of ISO/TS 16949;
Follow a systematic approach to achieving continual improvement;
Demonstrate that processes are in place to measure, document and analyze performance to identify areas for improvement.
Boost your ISO/TS 16949 implementation
– Gather a multidisciplinary team who can share roles and responsibilities, reviewing the already existing systems, policies and procedures, comparing them with ISO/TS 16949 requirements and adapting them to meet the standards;
– Establish and communicate the plan of activities and timeline for the implementation. Since Prodsmart is used on mobile devices right on the shop floor, it can be a powerful tool to communicate with your workers and to make sure they are aware of your Quality Policies.
– Make sure your whole business, from top managers to shop floor workers are committed and actively involved with the process and introduction of the QMS;
– The commitment and engagement throughout the supply chain is also vital;
– Consider investing and using a solution like Prodsmart to digitally manage your production in real-time and achieve sustained compliance with key ISO/TS 16949 requirements
– Implement internal audits to check for opportunities for improvement and regularly review the data you are collecting, your ISO/TS 16949 management system and make sure everything is on the same page.
If you want to find out how we can help you implement your ISO/TS 16949 and achieve compliance with this specific standards, sign up and start the free trial today.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.